Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bollywood

Went and saw a legit Bollywood movie last night. Suspended disbelief while watching a movie is one thing, Bollywood is another. They had terrorists congregating under the Brooklyn Bridge, committing murder, but the FBI has to wait how long to arrest them? And, I always thought the limit for slow-mo-swelling-music-close-up-on-the-face shots with a single tear rolling down the cheek was 4 in a single movie. Bollywood apparently has the capability to cram over 10 of these in a single film, each one more moving than the one before it. There wasn't even any singing or dancing. Hmph.

Bought the tickets to Kigali yesterday, also. That's a 24 hour bus ride that will leave friday afternoon. African Greyhound ride is going to rule! Then there are 2 days to explore the genocide museums and memorials, then the National Parks on Sunday, before heading back to Nairobi. I should get back in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday. It's going to be a good weekend!

I was inspired to go ahead with the little Rwanda adventure by the travelers I have been meeting recently at the Y. Crazy people who take off for months at a time with no plans and bounce around Africa until they run out of money. They assured me that Rwanda is a safe place to go. One of them also advocated motorbike rides through Ethiopia, sleeping in tents on the side of the road, and sneaking into Somalia. I think all of that will have to wait for another weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not too sure if you get the Real World in Africa...

    But the Cancun season just started and it really isn't the same without you.

    There's this guy named Joey who's in the pop-punk band called Late Nite Wars. They're kind of good.

    And there's this girl that you're totally gonna fall in love with on the show too. I'll save all of them on the DVR for you.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete